Are You Suffering from Hip Pain?
We see patients with hip pain almost every day. Hip pain is a very common problem that can be caused by a variety of factors. Some of these include:
- Arthritis – Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and other types of arthritis can cause hip pain. These conditions can cause the cartilage in the hip joint to break down, leading to inflammation, pain, and stiffness.
- Injuries – Injuries to the hip, such as hip fractures, dislocations, and sprains can cause hip pain. These injuries may be caused by falls, accidents, or overuse.
- Bursitis – Bursitis is an inflammation of the bursae, small fluid-filled sacs that cushion the joints. When the bursae in the hip become inflamed, it can cause pain and stiffness.
- Tendinitis – Tendinitis is an inflammation of the tendons, the thick cords that attach muscles to bones. When the tendons in the hip become inflamed, it can cause pain and stiffness.
- Pinched nerves – Pinched nerves can occur when there is pressure on the nerves in the hip area. This can cause pain, tingling, and numbness in the hip and leg.
How Can Chiropractic Help?
- Spinal adjustments: We use spinal manipulation to realign the bones of the spine and hips. This can help reduce inflammation, relieve pressure on nerves, and improve mobility.
- Soft tissue therapy: We use a variety of soft tissue therapies, such as massage and trigger point therapy, to help relieve tension in the muscles around the hip joint. This can improve range of motion and reduce pain.
- Exercise and stretching: We may recommend specific exercises and stretches to help strengthen the muscles around the hip joint and improve mobility.
- Posture and ergonomics: We may recommend changes to posture and ergonomics to help reduce stress on the hip joint and prevent further injury.
- Lifestyle modifications: We may recommend lifestyle modifications, such as weight loss and stress reduction techniques, to help manage hip pain.